b. 19XX, Havana
Ibis Hernández Abascal
Ibis Hernández Abascal is a Havana based curator, researcher, and art critic who earned her M.A. degree in Art History from the University of Havana, Cuba. She is one of the founding members of the Centro de Arte Contemporaneo Wifredo Lam, created in 1985, and has been a member of its research team, as well as co-curator of the Havana Biennial from 1995 to 2015.
She has also served as general curator at the First Biennial of the End of the World in 2007 in Ushuaia, Argentina, and joined the curatorial team of the third edition of the same event. Hernández Abascal has lectured widely and published numerous texts about Cuban and Latin American art. She is a member of the National Union of Writers and Artists of Cuba (UNEAC) and the International Association of Art Critics (AICA)
- El gran arte de una pequeña isla
- Artists, Institutions, and “The Lost Generation”: Dialogues in Cuban Art, Part 2
- Dialogues in Cuban Art: An Exchange Program Between Havana and Miami
- Dialogues in Cuban Art tour and symposium connect artists in Cuba and Miami
- Miami museum hosts two-day symposium on Cuban art
Subscribe to our mailing list
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.