b. 1980, Santiago de Cuba
Nahela Hechavarría Pouymiro
Nahela Hechavarría Pouymiró is Curator of Visual Art at Casa de las Americas, where she is also the Chief Editor of the online magazine, Arteamérica. She holds Masters Degrees in Art History from the University of Havana and in Museum Studies from Valladolid University in Spain, and specializes in Latin American and Cuban art and photography.
She has been published widely and has twice received honorable mention for the National Critic Award, “Guy Perez Cisneros”. Since 2004, Hechevarría has held the position of Adjunct Professor of Art History at the University of Havana.
- El gran arte de una pequeña isla
- Artists, Institutions, and “The Lost Generation”: Dialogues in Cuban Art, Part 2
- Dialogues in Cuban Art: An Exchange Program Between Havana and Miami
- Dialogues in Cuban Art tour and symposium connect artists in Cuba and Miami
- Miami museum hosts two-day symposium on Cuban art
Subscribe to our mailing list
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.