b. 19XX, Cuba
Calvo holds a master’s degree in Art History from the University of Havana. She is an associate curator with the City Historian’s office and is the principal curator of contemporary art at Factoría Habana, under the auspices of the City Historian’s office. Calvo is a regular contributor to various publications that include ArteCubano, Revolución y Cultura and OPUS Habana.
She is also host of a radio program, Habana Radio that discusses current events and trends in the visual arts. She recently published a book titled, Nuevas tentaciones de Narciso, which received honorable mention for the National Critic Award Guy Pérez Cisneros in 2015.
- El gran arte de una pequeña isla
- Artists, Institutions, and “The Lost Generation”: Dialogues in Cuban Art, Part 2
- Dialogues in Cuban Art: An Exchange Program Between Havana and Miami
- Dialogues in Cuban Art tour and symposium connect artists in Cuba and Miami
- Miami museum hosts two-day symposium on Cuban art
Subscribe to our mailing list
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.