b. 1971, Havana, Cuba
Ernesto Leal works in a variety of media that includes video, photography, painting and drawing. Among some of the principal interests in Leal’s art-making practices are language and political rhetoric as both formal and conceptual tools.
Leal was a younger member of the 1980s generation who participated in numerous performances of the period. He has exhibited widely in Cuba, as well as in galleries and museums in Europe and the United States
- El gran arte de una pequeña isla
- Artists, Institutions, and “The Lost Generation”: Dialogues in Cuban Art, Part 2
- Dialogues in Cuban Art: An Exchange Program Between Havana and Miami
- Dialogues in Cuban Art tour and symposium connect artists in Cuba and Miami
- Miami museum hosts two-day symposium on Cuban art
Subscribe to our mailing list
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.