b. 1983, Havana, Cuba
Reynier Leyva Novo
Reynier Leyva Novo’s artistic training includes the Jose Antonio Diaz Pelaéz Experimental Center of Arts, Havana in 1998, the San Alejandro Fine Arts Academy in 2003 and the Instituto Superior de Arte, from 2004-2008. Novo also participated in Tania Brugera’s acclaimed performance art program, Arte de Conducta.
His artistic practice includes mining historical data and official documents whose content he transforms into formally minimalist, conceptually charged work. He has exhibited widely, is represented by Galeria Continua and his work was recently purchased by the Perez Art Museum Miami (PAMM). He currently lives and works in Havana.
- El gran arte de una pequeña isla
- Artists, Institutions, and “The Lost Generation”: Dialogues in Cuban Art, Part 2
- Dialogues in Cuban Art: An Exchange Program Between Havana and Miami
- Dialogues in Cuban Art tour and symposium connect artists in Cuba and Miami
- Miami museum hosts two-day symposium on Cuban art
Subscribe to our mailing list
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.